Do you love business?
Do you love making things happen?
Do you love helping people reach their goals?
Do you have a knack for forecasting what people need (and want) and acting on it before they even realize they needed it?
Do you love to learn new things and to jump in as a doer of all things?
Are you the person who has everything (and maybe everyone) organized like a boss?
Then we need you!!!
We are looking for a part time (15-20 hours per week) contract team member to help us make business happen everyday.
We love reading fiction, watching anime, all things witchy, hello kitty, and using multiple planners (with washi tape and ALLL the stickers). We are looking to add you to the team so our founder (who happens to be a fabulous author) can focus more time on her writing while helping fellow authors follow their dreams.
What will this role encompass on any given day:
- Coordinate activities on all active projects we have open and work with Founder to complete active projects
- Take ownership on new projects, in partnership with our Founder, and driving them to completion
- Update our company calendar and coordinate to execute activities
- Manage the book review team
Social Media + YouTube + Email Newsletters
- Coordinate social media and youtube posts, proofread posts to ensure post quality
- Prepare and deploy newsletters and other emails to our community
- Execute customer service on multiple platforms – email or social media – to ensure our clients are being taken care of in the best ways possible and that we don’t drop the ball when it comes to serving and showing up
- Track payments made and reconcile payments, follow up when payment issues occur
- Update Etsy listings and response to customer questions
- Update + follow promotions calendar to market novels on various platforms
- Monitor Facebook Ads
The right candidate will:
- Know Convertkit (Mailerlite knowledge is a bonus)
- Embrace a get-it-done mindset and bring a positive attitude to all situations
- Be adaptable and ready to pivot or change course at anytime
- Have no problem getting in the weeds to get the job done
- Have the ability to learn independently by using google, watching videos, etc.
- Be a rockstar at communicating proactively
- Be highly adept at learning online technology fast – Bonus if you have experience with wordpress, online marketing funnels, creating images, photoshop, canva, etc.
- Bonus if you have fun writing copy and documenting systems using Google Docs or other software
Extra perks + details:
- Ideally you will be based in Charleston, but this is indeed a work from home role, working internet required
- In person meetings or travel to events a possibility
- The hourly rate for this contract position is $20
- The contractor in this role will provide their own equipment
- As a contractor, working hours are highly flexible and your core working hours during the business day will be defined by you and mutually agreed upon
Success in this role is a two part formula – Being able to see the founder’s vision for the business and coordinate all of the moving parts is one part. In addition, there will be specific projects you will own and drive to completion independently.
Does this all excite you?
If so, we are dying to meet you!!
Submit your interest below: